Hier beginnt der Inhalt:
|Arbeitsverhältnis:||befristet / Vollzeit|
|Tätigkeitsdauer bis zum:||2023-01-31|
|Region des Arbeitsortes:||Baden-Württemberg|
|III. Berufliches Profil/Voraussetzungen|
|Studienfächer:||Mathematik und Statistik, Informatik und Informationswissenschaft, Physik, Chemie, Biologie, Psychologie, Philosophie, Geschichte und Soziologie mit Empirischer Bildungsforschung und Sportwissenschaft, Literatur- mit Kunst- und Medienswissenschaft|
Sprachwissenschaft, Politik- und Verwaltungswissenschaft, Rechtswissenschaft, Wirtschaftswissenschaften
|Anzeigentext:||The University of Konstanz, with its “Institutional Strategy to promote Top-Level Research,” has been receiving continuous funding since 2007 within the framework of the Excellence Initiative by the German Federal and State Governments.
The Zukunftskolleg is a central scientific institution of the University of Konstanz for the promotion of young researchers in the natural sciences, humanities and social sciences, and is an integral component of the institutional strategy “Model Konstanz — Towards a Culture of Creativity.” The Zukunftskolleg forms a platform for interdisciplinary discourse between distinguished researchers in Germany and abroad, and provides them with resources for obtaining extramural funding.
The Zukunftskolleg of the University of Konstanz offers two 5-year Research Fellowships (any discipline represented at the University of Konstanz) and, in collaboration with the Hector Stiftung II, one 5-year Hector Pioneer Fellowship (in the STEM fields represented at the University of Konstanz) (Salary Scale TV-L 14) to develop and implement individual research projects.
The Fellowships will begin on February 1, 2018, and end on January 31, 2023.
The Hector Pioneer Fellowship is offered by the Zukunftskolleg in collaboration with the Hector Stiftung II and is dedicated to extraordinary post-doctoral researchers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) fields. The candidates research ideally links up to the universitys focus areas: "Chemical Biology and Ecology", "Molecular Nanotechnology and Materials Science", and "Decision Sciences" amongst others. Interdisciplinary and innovative projects are expressly welcome.
The Zukunftskolleg provides a professional infrastructure and an appropriate workplace for conducting research. Fellows have the opportunity to benefit from a variety of career development measures, including the University of Konstanz’s Academic Staff Development and Research Support offices. Fellows may nominate recognized experts in their field of research as senior Fellows, who will be invited to Konstanz for a research stay of one to nine months. Each 5-year Fellow receives Start-up Funding and a Research Allowance. Furthermore, a pool is available for funding cooperative projects, research assistants, travel, and equipment purchases. Each Fellow is a member of both a university department and the Zukunftskolleg.
These Fellowships are available to researchers characterized by a strong and creative mind, an ability to think and communicate beyond their own disciplines, regardless of their nationality.
Applicant Requirements for this Fellowship include:
• Candidates must be in possession of a doctoral degree (PhD thesis submitted and defended) and have acquired five years of postdoctoral research experience at most.
• Candidates must not hold an academic permanent position, a professorship, or have a habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
• Candidates must have applied for a research group grant of at least 50,000 € or an equivalent amount of funding. This external grant should be used for their research while at the Zukunftskolleg, and should be obtained in a competitive process. A Fellowship offer is conditional on the approval of the external grant application. Candidates with their own position funded by another program, which can be transferred to Konstanz, are also eligible.
• Applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz. Applicants should contact potential mentors (Local Hosts) among the researchers at the University of Konstanz in order to ensure appropriate affiliation. Support from the department strengthens the application. For the Hector Pioneer Fellowship: Applicants must propose a research project that ties in with one of the STEM disciplines and ideally with one of the academic focus areas of the University of Konstanz.
All these requirements have to be fulfilled at the application deadline (June 13, 2017).
Fellows have an opportunity to teach. They are expected to participate actively in the regular weekly meetings of the Zukunftskolleg and to have their place of residence in Konstanz and the surroundings.
Fellows are selected on the basis of their academic excellence, the quality and topicality of their research project outline, personal aptitude with regard to leadership and team skills. International experience in teaching or research, and a strong interest in interdisciplinary topics are desirable.
Applications are evaluated in a three-stage process:
1. Eligibility check and pre-selection based on the written application;
2. Further selection based on independent peer reviews;
3. Personal assessment of the remaining candidates by the Recruitment Committee in the interdisciplinary Workshop on Future Research Directions, to be held at the University of Konstanz in November 2017.
Candidates will be informed of the final decision one week after the workshop.
More information on the Zukunftskolleg and current Fellows, as well as a special section devoted to the application and selection process (online application process, required documents, guidelines on eligibility, evaluation criteria, the timeline and the stages of the selection process) are available on our website at: https://www.uni-konstanz.de/zukunftskolleg/ .
The University of Konstanz encourages applications from people with a disability. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact +497531/88–4016).
The University of Konstanz is an equal opportunity employer that tries to increase the number of women in research and teaching.
The University of Konstanz is committed to further the compatibility of work and family life.
The University of Konstanz offers a „Dual Career Couples Program“. Information can be obtained from: http://www.uni-konstanz.de/dcc .
All applications and supporting materials must be submitted in English via the Online Application Platform including reference number 2017/052 at: www.zukunftskolleg.uni-konstanz.de/online-application .
The required documents include a completed application form, a letter of motivation, research proposal, curriculum vitae, a writing sample, and two letters of reference.
The deadline for applications is June 13, 2017, 11:00 am (Konstanz time).
Contact: Anda Lohan, e-mail: email@example.com , Management Team, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
|Anzeige aufgenommen am:||2017-04-19|